1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Strange issue after Pogo connector fail

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by weapon121, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weapon121

weapon121 New Member

Hello! :)

So for the second time, my pogo board needs to be replaced. I contacted Robo and got it sorted out. I contacted Bryan directly and he suggested to go ahead and just disable the heated bed in the meantime so I can continue to print while I receive the heated bed V2. The strange thing is that after turning the printer on, I noticed the bed and extruder temp's at 50 degrees, even though the bed was actually disconnected from the printer and the extruder is ice cold to the touch. I switched the extruder core with a spare one, with the same result. I also tested the thermis core with another spare one and nothing changes. Once I turn to up the temperature, then I get the Heater Id_0 error. I am stumped on this...All the cables are where they should be.

Any clues as to what you guys think, maybe one of the boards are toast?

Thx in advance

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

@WheresWaldo
    @Geof

Sounds like something is loose/disconnected or a board, but let's get some feedback from an R2 owner.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Sounds like you may have a logic board that has a bad component or at the very least needs a firmware refresh. I suspect the former. There is really no electrical means of reading 50°C if the thermistor is not physically plugged in.

weapon121 likes this.
  4. weapon121

weapon121 New Member

Ill try to see if reinstalling the firmware does anything

5. weapon121

weapon121 New Member

Ok, so the firmware update did nothing, but I went and tried the PID tuner just to try it out. The Extruder actually started to heat up this time, but timed out at about 125 degrees...after taking a few minutes to reach that temperature. The weird thing is, that when I went to the main display, the bed also read a higher temp.. As the temp. on the extruder was going down, so was the temp. on the bed! Something is definitely crossed somewhere...

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

that sounds odd to say the least. If the bed and hotend are heating and cooling down togather that would make one think the board has those two circuits shorted together. I'd get Robo support involved asap and consider your machine down. Have them ship you a new board at a minimum. explain to them what you did (V2 bed), and now this issue. Tried flashing firmware to no avail. Etc.

The only other thing I can think of to try and do is flash a new image to the raspberry pi. It shouldn't change anything but since the touch screen is routed to the pi which is routed to the mainboard there are plenty of ways things can go south in communication (not Robo specific- all machines running similar set up where communication is happening between multiple boards)

7. weapon121

weapon121 New Member

Sounds good, I'll let you guys know what happens!

Thx

Geof likes this.
  8. weapon121

weapon121 New Member

Just a quick update for anybody having this very same issue.

It turned out being the Main Controller Board. Looks like the board went along with the pogo board when it failed. Once I swapped the board out, everything was back to normal.

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.