1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Thermistor wire damage issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John H, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John H

John H Member

Hey Mike I took out the soldering Iron . I just tinned both ends and connected it , Had to use electrical tape to cover the exposed wire , I didn't remove the molex just repaired it. I tested the bed and it seems its heating up.
    <>My order date was Placed on April 03, 2014 01:35PM
    <> Received my order around 5-20-14 , Don't have exact date, but on 5-01-14 I paid an extra $100 for the new upgrade's . SD card/auto level bed.

2 question's will I receive the new connector? , and by re-attaching / soldiering that wire will it burn up again causing more damage. Basically its what Im asking, Don't wanna ruin anything more by fixing it myself.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They're not putting in a new connector but rather cutting it out and hardwiring it together.

The safest solution is to cut out the connector and hard wire it together. This will not void your warranty to do

3. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

There have been issues with the connector being used at all so it needs to be completely removed it can be a major issue if you keep the existing one in place.

4. John H

John H Member

Ok cool . I'm going to hard wire that connection ..

I do have 1 more question . Originally the wire that burnt on me was the smaller gauge wire connected to the board via the 2 pin connector T1 terminal . That wire was a smaller gauge I say about 20 gauge. It was soldered to the grey wire which is about 16 gauge . Was the 20 gauge wire acting as a fuseable link ? And meant to burn out if so should I returned to the same gauge . I used the same gauge wire as my replacement

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The thermistor line doesn't have a high amp draw so any size wire gauge is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.