1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What kind of step sticks are these?

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by carbonrim, Aug 15, 2018.

1. carbonrim

carbonrim New Member

Hi,
    I've got Robo3D R1 bought a few years ago. I would like to upgrade Marlin to 1.1.9 version, because it has new way of step stick configuration. That's why I need to know what step sticks were being mounted into Robo3D R1. Here the photo of hardware I've got inside.
    [​IMG]
    It looks like a custom made white Arduino especially for Robo.
    Do you know what kind of stepsticks are these? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

its just a standard ramps with specially moved pins. Same steppers as all cheapo ramps combos. A4988 x 4 qty.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Robo has never used any other driver than the A4988 drivers. Even on the R1 Plus you can replace them with standard driver boards or 'upgrade' them to other driver chips such as the DRV8825 or even newer driver chip based driver boards.

carbonrim, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Standard CLONE Arduino from China. They come in an assortment of colors, some white.
    Everything else @Geof and @WheresWaldo say about the RAMPS board (which is also a cheap generic) and the stepper drivers are all true :) You can swap their RAMPS for a generic one (Geof has a thread on that) and the stepper drivers are already generic.

carbonrim, WheresWaldo and Geof like this.