1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

xxl smart controler information

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by oldfarmhand, Oct 2, 2016.

1. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

Hello forum
    I have installed a xxl smart controler on my robo 3d r1 printer, I have a question about all of the adjustments that you can do. The first and biggest is where can I find or get information about what all of the listed items do.
    i'm not much on making adjustments and hoping to see a change. If I could be directed to a site or page that could tell me the names and what what kind of change it would make if you adjusted it. That's like what do pid,s do what? and if i'm at the wrong location to ask this im sorry im still trying to get my feet wet on upgrades
    Thank Yall for all of the help i've gotten over the past few weeks.

#1 oldfarmhand, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

update on controller
    I have discovered that with the xxl smart controller that my build plate heater will not turn off after the part get finished making .
    could someone tell me where to go on the controller, to set it so the heater shuts off after the part is made

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there all the asettings on the controller should be set through either the slicer.or the gcode from.your slicer. Id verify that the slicer has the end script to shut off heater.

4. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

I'm sorry for sounding ignorant but how do you verify ( what do I look for )

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Geof likes this.
  6. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

So do I look for a M140 S0 G code to make sure its there?

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

What slicer.do.you use ? If matter control i wont be able to.walk you through as i dont use it but somehwere there will be a start up script and an end script. If you copy and paste we can help.you that way.

Edit: WW beat me to it ! Lol

8. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Curtis Wolfe and Geof like this.
  9. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

Yes I use mattercontrol
    I just don't understand when I run the printer with a pc I have no problems but when I run the printer with the controller the bed temperature will not turn off even though Im copying the file from the mattercontrol that's on the pc that i use to run the printer when I don't use the controller.

10. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The PC is likely printing via some software (like MatterControl?) which will add stuff... like telling the printer to turn off.
    The printer only reacts to GCode sent to it (or loaded on the SD card to read) and if your slicer does not include that extra bit of information to tell it to turn off it will not do it.

11. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

As already said, if you want this to happen make sure that it is independent of the software and includes the appropriate GCode commands in the ending GCode. Then there is no doubt. :)

12. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

See the two attached images. One is the Factory Ending Script that MatterControl uses. The other I have added the M-Code to turn the bed off. You may want to add a few other things like turning the fans off, retracting some filament, and lifting the nozzle above the print.

Attached Files:

oldfarmhand, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  13. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

Wow Ryan that gives me some Idea.
    Now and I don't mean to sound dumb but how do I get that on the SD card that I put in the xxl controler.
    What I have been doing is download a file to the mattercontrol on the pc set all of the parameters of the print up, make sure its placed on the bed where I want it then download file to sd card put card in controller and run it

14. Ryan TeGantvoort

Ryan TeGantvoort Active Member

That information will now be added to the Gcode file you save on the SD Card.

15. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Any pre-existing g-code files will need to be redone (resliced) after the change to the end g-code, else it won't magically just show up.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  16. oldfarmhand

oldfarmhand Member

Now It's starting to make sense!
    Thanks for all of the help