1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z scraping the print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robert T Loewen, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Robert T Loewen

I'm giving the printer a bit of a break as I have been at this all day. Also. Since I know I can get about 15 layers before problems start might I be able to print a shim to get the left side equal to the right for the x rail to try and even it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Robert T Loewen

Also it would seem my heater block is busted as it can freely rotate and needs replacement

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If you are talking about the hotend that is normally the fault of the nozzle and the heat break not being far enough into the heater block.

They meet in the middle (so to say) and that is what holds the heater block in place. If you do not hot tighten them they can (and will) come loose during printing.

The other end of the heat break threads into the cold section of the hotend and that should snug all the way in and not turn.

Picture may help:

Thermistor-Hotend-0-2.jpg

#43 mark tomlinson, Nov 15, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Geof likes this.
  4. Robert T Loewen

That does help. Have to go to the store for some liquid refreshment as I am almost out but will heat the hot end and see if I can tighten it down or take it off and clean the nozzle as it looks kinda nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[​IMG]

5. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I get good results cleaning the outside of the nozzle by heating it temp or above and wiping it off with a wad of paper towel.

6. Robert T Loewen

So just talked to L2 support and it seems my hot end screws were loose. Didnt even know those were screws. Looked like pla stick to me