1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved ROBO3D R1 Plus Not Printing.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Muhammad Amir, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

im really new in 3d world :) my printer not printing i have no idea that is the problem,i bought used to play with, ROBO3d R1 Plus model. I already clean the nozzle. when im pushing PLA it is coming out when i print calibration circle does't print even. Please help me how to ? & what to check?. One more question how to check what motherboard this printer is using.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

is the extruder motor turning when its trying to print?

3. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

yes it is running... but i don't whenever i print calibration circle it start 0.02mm is it normal?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

the wheel is turning but no material is coming out? It may be your Z offset needs adjusted in your slicer. to verify its not hardware (or possibly not hardware) raise the extruder up, preheat to temp, and try to extrude a 100mm a few times. if it extrudes and looks good, I'd increase your Z offset so the nozzle is further from the bed. (we can try to help you do this if you need, but we will need to know what slicer you use )

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

wheel is turning but no material is coming out? Yes it is coming out.. looks normal.

i'll attach some pictures also once i'll reach home ... im excited... you guys are awesome :) thanks

Geof likes this.
  6. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Maybe a bad hobb bolt if it is turning and nothing is coming out. Or the tension is off. Take a pic of your hobb bolt (the one that has the teeth that turns the filament into the hotend) and lets see if it is stripped or what.

Edit: Oh...nevermind. I read your last post wrong. So it is coming out when wheel is turning. Just not when printing. Yeah, @Geof suggestions are were you can start then.

Geof likes this.
  7. danzca6

To answer your question about what board these printers use...The R1 Plus is using a customized RAMPS 1.4 board (previous Robos use the standard RAMPS 1.4) on top of an Arduino Mega 2560 controller board.

Geof likes this.
  8. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

great!..

today morning i was not able to troubleshot this printer, i was thinking Extruder is the problem. I Ordered "Metal J-head Hotend E3D V6 0.4mm Bowden Extruder for Makerbot Reprap 3D Printer" then i found this forum :)

[​IMG]

9. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

10. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 4.00.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 4.00.28 PM.png

Attached Files:

11. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

I posted all pictures how it will give clear picture ...

12. danzca6

dude, hate to say it, but that is not the R1 Plus. That looks almost like one up from the beta with the bed having holes in it and no auto leveling.

13. danzca6

oh looks like the upgraded to ABL....looks like maybe even upgraded the Y....so that might be the beta version

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

15. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I havnt seen a set up exactly like that. Thank you for sharing photos. I think you need to raise your z offset

danzca6 likes this.
  16. danzca6

So when you print the calibration circle it doesn't print even is the issue you first mentioned. So you need to make sure your ABL is working. From the photos, it looks like your endstops aren't sitting flush under the X axis endcaps. Not sure what the setup was that was retrofitted onto yours, but that is the normal. Then when the nozzle hits the bed and pushes up it triggers the endstop. That is if your print routine is probing the 9 points for the ABL.

17. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

yes no bottom cover :(

18. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

i just printed circle but everytime it is massing up where should i check ABL? can you please confirm what should be the bed temperature and where can i change default ?

19. Muhammad Amir

Muhammad Amir Member

one question why it is showing R1+Plus ??

20. danzca6

well..what are you printing with? PLA, ABS, ? That matters for bed temp. PLA I normally do 50C and 195-200C for the hotend. Auto Bed Leveling routing runs by calling G29 in the startup gcode. After the printer homes all the axis with G28 it then probes a grid at 9 points by putting the tip of the nozzle onto the bed and lifting just enough to trigger the endstops on either side of the X axis. That then calculates the levelness of the build plate plane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.