1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Community Favorite Marlin 1.1.9 Release for Robo R1+

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Bradf80, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Bradf80

Bradf80 New Member

I spent a few hours getting my firmware updated to 1.1.9 latest bugfix version for the R1+ and I would like to share it here but it keeps saying the file is too large. It's only 5mb . Doesn't make sense. I will share it on the Robo3d owners facebook page and I can share a link to filedropper for now.

It is setup for a reprapdiscount basic LCD so you will have to change the configuration.h if you have another LCD controller.

I haven't fully tested it other than doing the bed leveling so if there are any issues let me know and I will try and figure them out.

http://www.filedropper.com/marlinr1bugfix-119

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Are you zipping the source? Make sure you only zip the Marlin directory and remove the Examples subdirectory.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is the entire GITHUB pull apparently, I will try to fiddle with it later.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Attached

Attached Files:

Bradf80 and WheresWaldo like this.
  5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Bradf80 likes this.
  6. Bradf80

Bradf80 New Member

Has anyone else installed this firmware? Just looking for feedback to see if it's working proper on the printer. So far it's working great on my machine. No issues that are related to anything I did.

The only issue I've had is with the manual editing of the mesh. After it probes the Z height sometimes it will be too high and other times it will be spot on while editing the mesh. So what I had to do as I was editing was see how far I had to adjust it manually. If it was way out, I would back out of the edit and go back into it. This only seemed to happen when I was using the manual edit with the graphic on the LCD that showed the position.

Not sure why it does that. I looked on the marlin site and it is a known bug.

Other than working through that; everything else seems functional that I have encountered.

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@Bradf80 after you are satisfied with the mesh, go to a terminal / OctoPrint and issue a G29 T0 or a M420 V to save the mesh values. Cut and paste them to a text file and create a G-Code file with the numbers. That way you can redo the mesh between firmware updates with ease.

Bradf80, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.