1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved ROBO3D R1 BED LEVELING

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by VBUZZ, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VBUZZ

VBUZZ New Member

ok this is what just happened i turned on the 3d printer connected to it with simplified 3d and homed it and it homed fine when to all the end stops
    then i stared a print with the starting scripted that i posted above and once everything heated up the machine acts like it homes z then moves to the center of the build plate and the tip goes down to the table and right after that i moves up and moves back to the home xy location and that is the first point for the auto leveling and onces its done with the 9 points it starts the program but its still on the glass the first layer and no matl. makes it to the table

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You are describing the autoleveling sequence which starts in the center then does 9 other points.
    That is normal. Has nothing to do with homing.

If the nozzle is too close to the glass adjust your autoleveling Z offset in the startup GCode.. the M565 command?

G28; HOME
    M565 Z-1.0; Z offset for autoleveling
    G29; --run autoleveling

Change the -1.0 to a more negative number to get the offset further from the bed (i.e. -1.1) and less to get closer (i.e. -0.9)

everything after the semicolons ";" is a comment

3. VBUZZ

VBUZZ New Member

ok then do i need to have an offset in the program set or no

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

mine are like -0.9 on one and -0.6 on the other. You will need to experiment to fine the perfect numbers for your printers.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I am not sure what you mean but there is no way in Simplify3D to have the program set the autoleveling Z offset (with the M565) other than adding it yourself. You can do a global Z offset but that is meaningless for the autoleveling.

6. VBUZZ

VBUZZ New Member

ok thank ill keep working on it and let you know

7. VBUZZ

VBUZZ New Member

im just finding that out

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The Robo R1 and R1+ (not the c2) uses the extruder for a bed probe during the autoleveling and while there is no "probe offset" defined, that M565 is used to account for the slop in the switches.

9. VBUZZ

VBUZZ New Member

THANK YOU ALL
    for all your help i messed with the m565 until i got it printing better than any 3d printer ive used so far but that does not say much ive only used a makerbot and some delta printer but this so far has made nice looking parts using simplified 3d no problems of parts lifting or curling thanks you all again for your help

john

jim3Dbot and Geof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.