1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Video Guide: Electrical System

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marquis Johnson, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Marquis Johnson

Marquis Johnson Active Member

Today I uploaded a video about the electrical system of the printer. I have linked it below.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Great guide! this should be very helpful and help with any questions

I noticed your Z axis moves quite fast, did you increase the speed?

#2 Mike Kelly, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    robert sanchez likes this.
  3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Great video, but a few points to consider. Drivers are heatsinked from the bottom, what you should see directly under the driver chip on the bottom side of the driver board is something that looks like a square solder pad with 9 - 15 holes that are solder filled. If they are built that way then you have a properly heatsinked driver chip that uses the PC board to sink the chips. Putting heatsinks on top of the chip could actually lead to damaging them, usually not, but the possibility exists. Putting a fan that blows across the board is a better solution than those little heat sinks.
    [​IMG]

Great idea to label all the wiring with little wire flags, I did that with every wire on my Robo. Makes rewiring or diagnosing wire issues much easier. Personally I use one of these, but any adhesive labels will do .
    [​IMG]

Marking pin 1 on the steppers is also a good idea. They can be inserted either way, and it would take a novice forever to figure out why a particular motor spins backwards.

#3 WheresWaldo, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  4. Luis Olivet

Luis Olivet Member

wow this video is just amazing. tanks a lot bro. im rebuilding all electrical cables of my printer, but when i dessambly i mess and cant remember where and how i have to put again all conectors.. haha...

tanks a lot bro and keep in on

Marquis Johnson likes this.