1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Warming Bed Issues (Am I on the right track)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Twofirstnames, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Max temp is a short detected. I'd agree with @mark tomlinson that its likely hooked up incorrectly on the ramps (I've also done it...more than once :D) Having a DMM in this hobby is a great tool. You'll need it to check thermistors, troubleshoot circuits and tuning the stepper drivers (if needed/when needed).

Glad to see some progress being made.

If you have issues with that hexagon but the thermistor and heater are both good I can send you the metal bits to a hexagon. I still have a few of those laying around somewhere (might take me a day or two to find them).

mark tomlinson and WheresWaldo like this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Twofirstnames and danzca6 like this.
  3. Twofirstnames

Twofirstnames New Member

Hi Geof,

Thanks for checking in on me. I haven't had much time the last couple weeks to mess with this (decided I was super bored so I would paint the house..... ). Anyway, I did get the tester, the new bed, and I also bought another RAMPS board (just in case). However, I have no idea how to run the tester (so YouTube it is for some help with that), so I will need to learn some about that to figure out how to test the lines and the thermistors. I'm hoping to find some time soon to sit down, roll my sleeves up, and (hopefully) figure out how to get back to printing again. I didn't get to print much before the infamous puff of smoke, but now it's in the veins, and I really want to get it going again.

I will definitely check back in once that magic moment arrives, because I will, more than likely, have a bucket-load of questions.

I can't say enough about how much I appreciate your help, and everyone else's help. It has been invaluable.

Troy

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Troy, Sounds great. Will talk to you soon! :D Keep us posted on progress and ask any and all questions you have. Someone is almost always lurking :D

Twofirstnames likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

lurker.gif

Geof, danzca6 and Twofirstnames like this.