1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

What is my Robo3D R1+ worth now?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by KellywithaY, Apr 9, 2018.

1. KellywithaY

KellywithaY New Member

The company I work for bought a Robo3D R1+ in November 2016. Let's say I hypothetically get a new job and want to purchase the printer from my current employer. How much do I offer? They paid $600 when it was new (Amazon Daily Deal!). I have not added any significant upgrades to the unit.

Thanks in advance!
    KP

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can get them used on eBay -- look there for an idea of where to start offering them something.
    They do not retain value very well :)

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

the last few used R1+ machines I've purchased I go around 200-250 shipped. figure a brand new one is currently like 400.00 shipped so a used one is half that IMO or less depending on use and upgrades.

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Active Member

I bought my R1 from the Micro Center in September of 2017 as an open box special (used) for under $200. Offer them $150, and see if they will accept it.

5. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

They should pay you to take it off their hands. A two year old 3d printer from a hobby-level design from 2013 that was used in a business setting is probably on it's last legs/in serious need of maintenance.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

oh I dont know I'd agree with that :D. I use 4 now in my buisness non stop ;) May be an old (possibly out dated) design, but the I3 style design is still a fully functional machine. The good thing is if they did run it hard and put away dirty you can rebuild it for pretty cheap.

jim3Dbot and mark tomlinson like this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Two original betas I still use and a few more I have helped upgrade that are still running around here :)
    Thousands of hours on those machines, pennies per for repairs.

jim3Dbot, dlively and Geof like this.