After a few weeks of lurking and saving my pennies, it came down to this Robo3D or the Printrbot Simple Metal. The Robo won, obviously. A few things I noted in my introduction thread in that sub-forum about what was in the box and what I did when I pulled it out of the box. Double-checked every metal to metal screw thread for thread locker, and of course there was none. But I also did not have any loose bolts either. I do feel better that I took the time to disassemble the entire printer and reassemble it so I have a better understanding of it's mechanical functions. Now unfortunately my first print wasn't a calibration print. I had to print out a Y-Axis Belt Tensioner (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:396823). First I bonded my broken part while filling out a parts replacement request using UV activated Bondic resin. I was hoping that it would hold together at least as long as I needed to print the replacement part. It came out just a shade on the small side, but that was with zero calibration. Overall I am impressed with how well it works essentially straight out of the box. Now once my computer finishes off it's upgrade I will get back to calibrating and printing out some test and enhancement objects. One thing I noticed, there seems to no longer be a need to print out the Z-Axis Stabilizers as the 8 mm smooth rods now go all the way up to the top of the case and sit in a little recess holding them in place. I've got Cura set up but I do plan on getting a Raspberry Pi 2 and run Octoprint, so it can essentially be a stand alone network printer. I don't want to keep running up and down stairs to between my main computer and the one the R1 is currently attached to. Not sure if I will get an LCD or not with the RP2.