1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Sticky: RoBo3D Order Status?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Qhuy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Seems like a slicing error. Try repairing in netfabb and analyze the preview

2. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

I received an update from RoBo3d that they received a batch of 500+ machines and they are increasing their staffs to get these machines to our door. By the way, order #2183 just got shipped. Thanks to kadows member and RoBo3d for this update.

3. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

I just received a shipping tracking confirmation for my order 2362. I will receive my printer either Sat. Or Monday. I can't wait to receive it. Anyway, I will keep you all posted as soon I receive my printer.

4. shadenhand

shadenhand New Member

just got mine today 2343 but the print bed is totally shattered ... I'm so frustrated I was really hoping to get some printing done....

5. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

Sorry to hear that. Did they put any fragile label on the box? This is happen to too many people. By the way, thank you for the update.

6. shadenhand

shadenhand New Member

didn't see a fragile label. and no problem. they still haven't messaged, me back yet either. but I'm sure it'll happen soon...

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Shadenhand can you provide photos in your tech support request? Of the outside of the box etc, anywhere showing damage?

I'm certain I received mine with a fragile sticker and jerry confirms they do mark it fragile.

The way they package the bed is very robust, and team robo will be filling claims with DHL and fedex over these breakages. It's far too common for these printers to be mishandled during shipping.

8. shadenhand

shadenhand New Member

My bad. I see fragile on the box. I was looking for a peel label. as far as damage to the box itself it's nothing you can really capture too well with photos it's got some slight roughing on the corners and stuff but [​IMG]

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That was definitely dropped. No doubt about it. Be sure to get exterior pictures for their record.

10. shadenhand

shadenhand New Member

sure. not a problem. does the robo move at all when it's pluged in without a bed? because I tried to get mine all set up but the fan on the bottom of the bored is busted off, and it looks like they tried to mount it with a 3d printed part but it's de-laminated. and there's absolutely no movement at all when I plug it in and turn it on.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It should. Go ahead and start a new thread so these issues don't get too dispersed in unrelated threads.

2 people like this.
  12. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

I have seen UPS delivery guy, during holiday season, manhandling the delivery packed, by slamming the box on the ground and the next box on top of it. It is very disturbed to see that kind of behave from delivery guy. I wish I will not see one like that handle my packed. Unfortunately, you got one like that, shadenhand.

13. gto930

gto930 New Member

order 2436
    got shipping notification today

2 people like this.
  14. tfrost1980

tfrost1980 New Member

Man with all the problems people seem to be having with these printers and their build quality i'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order, I can't afford a $800 paperweight

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Every printer has quality issues, it's up to the end user to determine the level of care and attention to make those quality issues go away. If you're not up to caring for the printer I recommend a Stratasys Mojo, for the low low price of $9,995, but it comes with stratasys service technicians!

The RoBo3D's a great printer. It's done hundreds of hours of prints for me, and many others like me.

16. tfrost1980

tfrost1980 New Member

are they actually packaging the glass print bed at the top of the box wrapped only in a layer of bubble wrap as it appears in shadenhand's pic? If so its no wonder so many people are receiving them broken

17. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's 2 boxes thick with the glass enclosed in another box encased in bubble wrap, at minimum. I'm not sure where/how the glass bed is positioned, but this mal-treatment of fragile marked packages is a problem with the carriers, not team robo.

18. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Like Mike said, every type of printer that is consumer grade has its own issues. Robo has been working though a number of quality control issues (and I think they are mostly there) but shipping is another story. You can pack it as good as possible and they can still manage to destroy it :) There have been a few isolated issues that cropped up which were (probably) not shipping related, but there are a lot of happy printing people too (they just tend to be less vocal).

19. Galaxius

Galaxius Well-Known Member

My kickstarter Robo arrived late January and I'm very happy. Learning, tweaking, and upgrading. Team Robo are doing the same and the result is a better printer, the current printer has had a lot of tweaks that mine doesn't but they're all tweaks I can do myself, especially with the help and support of the great people here. I was a complete 3D noob when my printer arrived and I think I can safely say I am no longer, still lots to learn though, and loving it.

20. Kirk

Kirk Member

I just received my printer today:D. order 2276 ordered on Mar 26th, but not upset about the wait as I got all the upgrades on my machine:).

printing with it now...seems like it all about the tweaks for different materials.

Hope yours shows up soon:)