1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Does Anyone know which order number the Robo Team is on?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by agump, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirk

Kirk Member

I just received my printer today:D. order 2276 ordered on Mar 26th, but not upset about the wait as I got all the upgrades on my machine:).

printing with it now...seems like it all about the tweaks for different materials.

Hope yours shows up soon:)

2. tfrost1980

tfrost1980 New Member

They are waaaaaaaay behind. It took 11 weeks for yours to arrive. Many of these numbers are out of order. People in the 2400's received theirs before people in the 2200's. Now the website says 3 week lead time...{'m not buying that. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered and I haven't heard a word from them except them saying they already charged my credit card

3. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Looking at the forums it does appear they are starting to catch up (which is good considering the lead time keeps going down on the sales page :) ) Although I didnt notice a 24xx ship mentioned yet, Im sure they are close. It seems from my observations that some of the frustration has been with how you are "assigned" a printer, and if they need to fix "your" printer, you can actually wait a week or two while 100 others go out. Its a weird system, but Im sure there's a reason for it.

4. tfrost1980

tfrost1980 New Member

If you look in the other order status thread you'll see that someone in the high 2300's got theirs last week and someone in the mid 2400's got their shipping confirmation last week

5. warlocke

warlocke Active Member

They have never, since the beginning, shipped in sequence by Order# and have never, since the beginning ever stated they would do so. Whatever process they use to determine what order ships has never been officially stated or defined that I have ever seen. There may not even be one and it's purely random.

The assumption of shipping in sequence by Order# has always been just an assumption.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Communicating with team robo in a respectful, professional, and understanding manner can improve your order arrival date.

Nagging them for delivery dates won't.

7. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

This right here is something that should not be said at all. Mike what you're saying is i have to get on my knee's and wait for that opportunity to arise, and we might get a faster shipping date, now i know thats not what you meant but saying it as you did, implies otherwise.

Now considering a lot of us got an email a month ago stating that they got over 500 units in the warehouse and are getting upgrades i assume, while grateful, we've only seen or heard of some users posting their shipment info coming around and realizing orders are rather mixed. i find this hard to believe that it is completely random or just what ever way, or even who was nicer or nice at all, one can only presume that as said before orders might be including filament or other accessories. sure , that makes sense, but for 800$+ i'd expect a little more interaction with who im dealing with. if that 6 weeks hits its due date and my shipment isn't ready , i'd like to know why or at least an email saying we're just a few days away or something.

while mike, you don't have many answers for this side of the team on whats really going on, i can really praise you for how you're handling some of the things going on. But i have to say they could/should be a little more hands on with their customers, i've seen you say they dont really have time for that, and that's rather sad that a company just starting out isn't going to put any kind of interaction in with their customer base to try and get return customers , because after this i'm not entirely sure how i'll feel knowing im going to be waiting a few more weeks, since my 6 weeks ended last week.

8. tfrost1980

tfrost1980 New Member

I ended up cancelling my order so everyone after me will be moved up a slot. After reading the endless problems robo's have like the warped or bed, delaminated fan mount, broken or out of place wiring, cheap hobbs bolts, plastic extruder, thrown z axis nuts, etc. And the extremely long shipping times. I ended up ordering a da vinci for $300 less and I'll have it by monday, yes it has a smaller build volume and uses proprietary filament but the cartridges are easily reset with a filament reset tool available for $40. Not to mention free return shipping if it ends up being a piece of junk.

I understand robo3d is a new company and the product looks promising, but they don't have all the kinks worked out yet, maybe i'll give them a try in a year or two when they have had more time to refine their business. I was also bothered by the fact that they charge people's credit cards weeks if not months before they ship the product, hopefully their not doing a pyramid scheme type of thing where they use future orders to fund orders that are due to ship...which i doubt they are.

Hopefully my refund will be quick and without hassle, I don't want to go through the trouble of disputing the charge with my credit card company.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

An automated, weekly email to the list of outstanding order contacts with a current shipped order# would be enough to forestall most (if not all) inbound emails asking for updates. Communications with your customers is crucial to a business. I am sure they are working on it, but clearly there are a lot of gaps to hurdle ... yet

2 people like this.
  10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I don't know all the inner workings as you said, and I just make guesses as to why certain numbers go out before others. Most customers are just fine waiting and don't say a word to them. Then there's other customers who have dire need of the printer and reach out to Team Robo is a professional and respectful way. These users can bump up the list. Even Makerbot does this.

Then there's the other people. The one's who nag. The one's who complain. The one's who email 5 times a day expecting a response immediately. These people don't get any special treatment because they're just being a thorn in the paw. It's a sad truth about business. Some people just aren't worth the trouble.

Has it already been a month? Geez time flies. I'll see if I can push them to get another update out.

$800 is a lot of money, don't get me wrong. But some perspective needs to be taken. When's the last time you bought an $800 product from a company valued under 10million? Probably never. It's impressive a company of 15 people can make these at such a reasonable price. The obvious downside as you've noticed is the really bad lead time and poor customer communication. You only have 600 man hours per week from your employees (not including most of them who work weekends) so they're spending probably 580 hours a week building printers and shipping orders. The other estimated 20 hours is probably technical support requests and customer service. Just not enough time in the week to do everything they want to.

The printers in this order of 500 are not up to snuff with all the new features for the current R1. It's around 2-3 hours of work assuming everything goes smoothly, and this can vary wildly.

To smooth this out two of Robo3d are going to their manufacturer indefinitely to QC the next batch of 1000 coming. They'll come back with the printers essentially and from there it will be direct to consumers. This should be around 3-4 weeks.

To improve upon communication they're looking at getting outside help to handle the printer status requests. This will help ease some nerves.

Please understand the 4-6 weeks was not a guarantee, but an estimate. And like all estimates they're subject to change. I wish they could guarantee delivery timelines, but until these 500 are out and the next 1000 are in, it's gonna be kinda flakey. Especially if parts run out and they're stuck waiting on new ones.

If you want to PM your order number I can see about the status of yours. I want people to get their printers as much as anyone, but I also appreciate the rock and a hard place team robo is in. I try to mediate these two. Sometimes I can be snarky but I try and be appreciative to both sides as much as possible.

11. ssshake

ssshake Member

Mine's 2546 and I haven't heard anything.

12. warlocke

warlocke Active Member

Da Vinci looks to supply ABS filament only. No PLA. Interesting.

Do let us know how that works out for you tfrost.

13. Les Hall

Les Hall Member

I ordered my printer last Tuesday, order number 2733.

14. ssshake

ssshake Member

100% agree. I'd rather have delays with honest communication over really fast shipping but terrible support if there's a problem after. Not saying their support is terrible, but I have experienced this with other companies in the past.

15. Taylor Lee

Taylor Lee New Member

I am order #2661, I got a reply to my status inquiry saying it would ship at the beginning of this past week but it didn't. Their email did seem to indicate printers were going to start shipping quicker, lets hope this is true.

16. ssshake

ssshake Member

Mine shipped and arrived. I don't have my order num on hand but should be in my prior reply

17. ssshake

ssshake Member

2546 was mine

18. Snuffles

Snuffles New Member

That's pretty shitty, mines 2490 and you got yours before mine..
    And no word on delivery.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. ssshake

ssshake Member

Sounds like how mine was after someone else's that showed up. Email em

20. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

Please keep in mind order numbers are not just for machines alone and are not in any way a guarantee of next in line.
    Any orders, filament, parts, t-shirts and printers, etc... all come from the same order numbers so numbers can very greatly in between printer order #'s.

Many go out slightly off sequence simply because of stock, logistic issues, adjustments.
    That order # is pretty close though. That's a good thing at the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.